Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Current Most Used Products / Early Fall 2013

Tara
Who says you can't have pink lips in the fall? I am adoring the rosy flush of Benefit Pillow Talk lipstick and Maybelline Baby Lips in Strike a Rose! Maybelline surprised me with this product (Baby Lips are usually pretty sheer or non-existent) but I love the vibrancy of Strike a Rose- it even has some staying power! Obviously I need to give my lashes a little love with my holy grail Buxom Mascara. I will continue to repurchase this forever......and ever. On my last trip to Sephora, I was looking at their eyeliners and and I usually don't buy Sephora brand products, but their Waterproof eye pencil in Cocoa caught my eye- I am absolutely in love. I wear it everyday smudged on my lower lash line and it gives the perfect amount of smokiness to any eye look! So, I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bummed about summer coming to a close, but once I roll on my Pacifica Blood Orange perfume- it's like summer never ended. Who doesn't want to smell like a succulent orange?! (; Unfortunately my skin stays oily no matter what time of the year it is, so to set my foundation, I powder with Make Up For Ever Super Matte Powder- it's amazing! And since I'm currently almost out of mine- and Sephora is sold out- I'm having withdrawals. 

Lani
The summer heat is still going on strong, as well as my laziness when it comes to getting ready. I'm still sticking to simple dab-and-go products, my latest favorite being Rimmel's Scandaleye! I apply it in the outer corners of my eyes and gently dab it inwards so that it gives my eyes a bit more dimension. I then blend out any harsh corners or shoddy dabbing job with Sigma's Blending Brush (E25) that Tara generously gave me-it's my new love! I usually follow up with a heaping load of mascara, my favorite being a sample of Chanel's Inimitable Intense. Ugh, I can rave about this product forever and how it puts all of my other mascaras to shame but it's Chanel, so what else should I expect? As for lips, I stick with either a simple balm like C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve or Nars' Pure Sheer Lipstick in Paloma, which gives off a playful wash of coral. And then voila! Effortless, quick, but still looks pretty decent. It almost feels like I'm cheating Mother Nature.

What are you guys' fall favorites? Have you tried any of ours?

11 comments:

  1. Some lovely choices. I've been wanting to try the Rose Salve myself <3
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a life saver in the fall time! Gotta keep those lips hydrated!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love rosesalve! except the fact that you have to dip your fingers in :S
    Wanting to try the baby lips since everyone is trying and saying they're amazing.

    http://shinesque.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, they really need to make a stick form !
      Babylips are my favorite, the tinted ones and peppermint are a must-try (:

      xx

      Delete
  3. The babylips are meant to be really good, but i've not tried them yet...grrr, need to get round to it! I have the rimmel eyeshadow pencil-crayorn things and I LOVE them :)

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta get them, girl! We are thinking of having a huge giveaway for our blog's anniversary, so stay tuned! I'm sure you'll be seeing a couple babylips in there (;

      xx

      Delete
  4. I am dying to try that Bumox Mascara! My favorite Fall beauty essential is Sugar Lips. The best chapstick I've ever bought and worth every penny of its price tag!

    xo
    Mandy
    Saguaros & Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never loved a mascara as much as I adore Buxom! It's a bit more pricey than drugstore one, but soo worth it!
      Oh, Sugar lips are nice! They always melt on me though, need to pull it out to use this winter!

      xx

      Delete
  5. lovely post! that NARS lipstick looks amazing :) i would say my fall fave is some form of burgundy nail polish!
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is all about bordeaux nails! We totally agree (:

      xx

      Delete
  6. I love the Baby Lips and Rimmel Scandaleyes too!

    ReplyDelete