Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to School - Part 1: Our Fall Wardrobe



It's that dreaded time of year again-catalogs slowly trickle in the mail with back to school specials, Target makes a special section to buy binders, markers, and pens, and commercials talk about "fall savings" nonstop. Yup, it's time to go back to school/college. There are some perks though, like new clothes and being able to wear darker prints that wouldn't have been summer-appropriate. Take a peek at what we'll be wearing this fall, maybe you'll get inspiration for what you'll wear on your first day back!
Also, there will be three parts total: what's in our beauty bag for school and what's in our school bag! Stay tuned!


Lani
Brandy Melville sweater, American Apparel sweater, Opening Ceremony sweater via ebay, Topshop Boots, Brandy Melville skirt, vintage dress, American Apparel babydoll and denim circle skirt

My absolute favorite clothing item has to be sweaters, as boring as that sounds. I love the fact that they pair so easily with jeans, skirts, shorts and even thrown over a dress! Most of my sweater inspiration comes from Alexa Chung, I even curated a small lookbook on my other blog of my favorite outfits she wore that are fall appropriate. I'm also a major fan of moody floral patterns so it's no surprise that they'll be debuting this fall, although I've been wearing the American Apparel babydoll nonstop. As for shoes, chelsea boots are making a reappearance in my wardrobe this fall since I wore my last pair down to the soles!

Tara
Tilly's dress, Urban Outfitters daisy crop top, Pacsun chunky sweater, Forever21 top, Brandy Melville trio-floral tank, scalloped tank, and skirt. Wildfox Couture Baggy Beach Jumper

One of my many goals in life is to see how many summer outfits I can still pull off during the colder fall months. Luckily, these items do just that! Whether it's pairing a simple Brandy skirt with a chunky sweater, or throwing a cardigan over a floral dress- that's my fall look. Another item I will definitely be sporting this season are my Wildfox jumpers. They are the the definition of cozy, now pour yourself a hot cocoa and turn on the fireplace, you're ready for fall !

5 comments:

  1. I adore both your styles! Such a gorgeous blog!

    Hollie xx

    http://amourexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the items! and now i'm and jumpers and sweaters to my wishlist for school clothes haha!

    http://bronwynblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweaters a definite must-have during fall! So comfy, yet cute (:

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with the black boots! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. all these clothea are so nice! love your style :)

    http://beccahearts.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete