Friday, October 25, 2013

Tara Got Balayage'd!


So, after countless re-blogs on Tumblr, and lusting over balayage/ ombre hair, I finally booked my appointment and took the plunge! Learn what I asked for at the salon, and how I feel about my new color for fall (:

Definition: Balayage is a free form high lighting technique. This technique can offer a more natural look to highlighting hair by doing away with the more uniform foiling process. Balayage is the technique that is used to achieve ombre hair color.


For the longest time I had such an itch to change up my drab dark hair (never been dyed before) I loved the look of ombre and when I found out about this new technique of Balayage, I knew that was what I wanted! I went to Parlour Salon in Redondo Beach ,CA , where my sister frequently gets her hair cut, and I found the perfect colorist, Mia who proved to me though her Instagram pictures (follow her: MiaMoore_)  that she is amazing at creating a color that is natural and compliments your skin tone and haircut.

I loved how Mia asked a lot of questions about exactly how I wanted my hair, she listened and looked at my many inspiration pictures that consisted of Rumi Neely & random Tumblr girls. I asked for a golden tone with honey highlights going through. I wanted it to blend with my natural hair color and progressively get lighter toward the ends. Mia provided me with just that! After two hours of patiently coloring my hair, she gave me a caramel glaze and an awesome blowout.

It took me a couple weeks to get used to my new lighter color, but I have grown to love it! Since I wear mostly dark colors in the fall, the honey tones in my hair contrast quite nicely. But, as with any lightening of the hair, comes damage. I noticed that my hair needed a lot more love than I gave it previously, but with the right products, my hair retains moisture and is so much easier to style! Stay tuned for a new intensive hair-care routine that I promise will save your dry locks. <3

6 comments:

  1. I love your new hair, I really want to ombré my hair as well x

    yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should do it, It's a great way to change up your look (:
      xx

      Delete
  2. (dafuq tara has reached model status ._.'')

    ANYWAYS, I love the end result--it looks really natural and pretty!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aw :3 thanks girl !
      I was definitely hesitant, but i'm so glad I went through with it ! <3
      xx

      Delete
  3. love the hair colour!
    xx
    www.sparkadalia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR COLOUR! You will be my inspiration for my hair appointment tomorrow~

    ReplyDelete