Saturday, August 31, 2013

Skincare Routine: Tara

My skin in a nutshell; oily, hyper-pigmentation, dull. I have tried everything on the market that claims it will combat my breakouts and make my skin brighter, and keep the oils at bay. Yeah, my skin has it's bad days, but these products- my skin seems to love. 

Morning: After crawling out of my fortress of pillows in the morning, I cleanse my skin with Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser. I have Lani to thank for this, she raves about it all the time! And I love the "deep-pore" feeling this gives my skin. Spritz a little bit of Caudalie Beauty Elixir and you're ready to moisturize!(yes gals, even with oily skin you need to slap on some kind of moisturizer) and I love the gentle Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer and SPF 15 protection is always a good thing. Benefit It's Potent eye cream is perfect for that bit of moisture I need for under my eyes, and my adored Aquaphor saves my lips, I go through those puppies like it's no body's business!

Night: To remove makeup, I either use one of two products : Simple Cleansing facial wipes which remove my makeup with one wipe! I love how saturated the product is and unlike other makeup wipes I've tried, it cleanses- I hate when makeup removers just spread makeup around your face!
If my skin is feeling like it needs that extra bit of cleansing, I take a cotton round and soak it in Bioderma just to take any leftover residue off my skin, and use as a cleansing water. If I feel like going to my sink to cleanse instead, I once again use the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser for a nice little scrub. I follow up with 4 drops of Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil to moisturize, it's so simple and natural and my skin soaks it up and keeps it hydrated all night! I again apply Benefit It's Potent eye cream and Aquaphor to my lips. If I have a few blemishes, I treat them with Lush Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser (this also helps any hyper-pigmentation I have) it's super gentle and works amazing on blemishes without being too harsh. 


Extra: For a little extra skin-pampering, I love masks! Origin Clear Improvement is a charcoal-clay mask that is supposed to work wonders for your skin to not make it more clear, but brighter and more even- which is what I crave! 


What product could you not live without in your skincare routine? Any holygrails of yours I need to know about for my skin type?

23 comments:

  1. Great post

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sample of it's potent and I quite like it! I was surprised that I would like anything from benefit's skincare line xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, who woulda known that Benefit has such great skincare? xx

      Delete
  3. I so want to try the Josie Maran oil! I've heard great things x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those make-up wipes! love these kind of posts too x
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lifesavers, especially when I'm feeling lazy haha xx

      Delete
  5. i'd love to try that kiehl's cleanser!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the splurge, it feels ahh-mazing! Plus it has lasted me for over half a year since I only use a pea-size amount xx

      Delete
  6. I know that dull, hyperpigmentation feel :(

    I actually found the Origins mask to not do much for my skin! I ended up returning it, but I really like Origins 'Out of Trouble' as a spot treatment!

    I also love using oil and a moisturizer, as it really calms my skin's redness down.
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spot treatments and I have yet to try that one-maybe I'll check it out soon :)

      Oil seems to work wonders for the skin, kinda funny because it seems like it wouldn't! xx

      Delete
  7. Blown away by how gorgeous your blog is but I can't seem to find you on bloglovin? :( :(

    This was such a helpful post! I don't have oily skin but I do suffer from hyper-pigmentation so I can relate!
    I tried the little size of the eye cream and have really enjoyed it, so when I'm next in the mood to splurge I may pick it up ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eye cream is definitely worthy of a splurge-it's such a necessity :)

      We have a little button on the side for bloglovin'!
      xx

      Delete
  8. My skin used to be just like yours until I started to use the Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Refining Toner, it's changed my super oily skin into combination. I highly recommend it! Just started following on GFC and Bloglovin!

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll pick that up next time I'm in Kiehl's since I'm loving the cleanser so far. Thanks for the tip :)

      Also following! xx

      Delete
  9. I too really like the Simple Cleansing Wipes, boy do I love a good WET wet-wipe!
    I really want to try that Origin charcoal mask but damn is it pricey (I know I should invest in good skincare, but still.)

    www.pippa-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's pretty pricey but it lasts forever since you only need to apply a thin layer! They have tiny sample sizes too, I think they're a bit less than half the price :) xx

      Delete
  10. I am super excited to receive my Origins products soon! I hope the charcoal mask works well for me. My skin doesn't really break out at all, but sometimes it feels dull, so i hope the mask can brighten my skin up a bit!
    xo
    Mia ♡ Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope you love your purchase! Charcoal is a skin lifesaver when it comes to brightening, remember to wet your fingertips and massage the mask into your skin after letting it dry, such a good exfoliation as well!
      xx

      Delete
  11. i've been wanting to try the origin mask! think i'll get one soon x

    thanks for visiting my blog!
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete