Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fall Edit: Favorite Mac Lipsticks

Soon we'll be waving goodbye to corals and bright pinks and will be welcoming reds, plums, and berry shades! Here are our top 5 favorite Mac lipsticks that we've amassed over the past few years!


Tara

I love lipstick. My natural lip color is naturally very pale and I feel naked without some kind of color on my lips. Fall lips are some of my favorite because you won't have to worry about sweating it off. These are some of m favorites- as far as MAC is concerned.

Speak Louder (cremesheen) - A brighter, fushia-pink. Perfect for adding some color to those chilly, fall days.
Syrup (lustre) - A throw-on 'my lips but better' color you don't need a mirror for, a mauvy sheer pink.
Craving (amplified) - Deeper plum-red, wears amazing as a stain.
Brick-o-la (amplified) - An orange-red, super pigmented. Perfect color to put you in the fall mood.
Hot Tahiti (glaze) - The sheer version of Brick-o-La, but still packs a punch! The glaze finish makes this warm red super wearable!

Lani

During the summer I usually don't wear lipstick, at most I wear a tinted balm for a little bit of color. When cooler weather rolls in, though, it's a different story. There's nothing more fun than applying a red lip when you're wearing a simple sweater with jeans and boots! I find that it's the best way to avoid feeling too frumpy when I'm wearing an oversized sweater.

Lustering (lustre) - a bright but surprisingly not too bold pink. I usually wear this a bit sheered out. 
Diva (matte) - a very reddish burgundy, definitely the most edgy of the bunch. It looks really cute when I have minimal makeup and my hair in a messy bun! It also looks great as a stain.
Brave (satin) - a muted and demure pink beige with a scant amount of sparkle. Great as an everyday lipstick for just a tad bit of color!
Plumful (lustre) - the most absolute perfect pinkish plum color! This is definitely my favorite of the bunch and most worn, it looks amazing on everyone.
Ruby Woo (matte) - an intense but flattering blue-red. A classic red that suits practically everyone.


What's your favorite Mac lipstick that you'll be wearing this fall? Do you own any of the ones mentioned above?

1 comment:

  1. Plumful and Speak Louder looks amazing! I really love your blog, subscribing! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete