Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jordana Twist & Shine Review!


From left to right - Terra Crave, Tropical Frenzy, Honey Love, Rock n Rouge, Cranberry Crush 


I was so excited to see these perched on the shelves of my local Walgreens (where I find all of my Jordana products) packaging wise, it is very similar to the Revlon Lip Balm Stains. They twist up, and are even claimed to be a "moisturizing balm stain". The smell is different from that of the Revlon counterparts- instead of having a minty smell, these are much more of a sugary-fruity smell. I don't think the smell is too repulsive, but it's something to mention. (: These do tend to have more of a balm-y texture and boy, do they stiain ! The brighter, deeper colors are obviously going to be more long-wearing as a stain goes, but nonetheless they are simple to apply (with or without a mirror) and easy to throw in your purse without fear of it melting- in fact I have two in my purse at the moment (; They retail for 2.99-3.99 and come in 8 colors.

Terra Crave- A deeper, more wearable brown-based pink. Great for everyday, would be perfect for those of you who have medium/deep skintones. The staying power of this color however is not as long wearing as the deeper, brighter shades in this collection.

Tropical Frenzy- This color is for those who love your blue-based pinks! On the brighter side, very cool-toned. I don't perticularly like this color on me (I don't think it works well with my yellow undertones) but I thought that I'd give it a try! Medium wear time, great for an everyday bright pop to your lips !

Honey Love- This is by far my favorite of the bunch. Incredibly wearable and very similar to the Revlon Balm Stain in - you guessed it- Honey. If you are going to snag one of these puppies, this one is a must-try! A mauvy pink MLBB color, meduim wear time and super easy to pop on, no matter what outfit of makeup look you are wearing. 

Rock n' Rouge- A bright, pink-red. This one has amazing staying power and will definitely make an impact. If you're a fan of fire engine reds- this is all you! A great way to wear this color is over your favorite matte red lipstick (Rubi Woo) to give it some moisture and a little oomph.

Cranberry Crush- This has the most lasting power of them all, a beautiful bright raspberry color (I wouldn't call it Cranberry) , perfect for the upcomming holidays. My favorite way to wear this is poped on to the middle of my lips and blended outwards to get rid of the shine- so gorgeous! The deepest shade in the range, but still very wearable and perfect for anyone who wants to poke their toes into deeper lip shades!


Have you picked any of these up? Which color are you most excited to rock this fall season? Is there any other shades you think we would like? Let us know!

4 comments:

  1. Omg these look great and I love their price! I really like Terra Crave, Cranberry Crush, and Honey Love because I think they'll make great fall and winter everyday lip shades!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Drugstore brands are making amazing products this year and we can't wait to review more of them (: Those three are perfect for the fall time!

      Delete
  2. These look lovely! I tagged you to do the Autumn TAG :))
    http://thechiccboutique.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-autumn-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shades. Love it so much.

    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete