Thursday, July 4, 2013

Battle of the Beach Sprays | Lani

Now that summer is finally upon us, having tousled and effortless hair is pretty ideal. Here's a quick review of two beach sprays that I've recently been testing out and the end verdict for them both:


ALSO, please keep in mind that these products are being tested on my own hair (which is naturally thick/wavy) so what doesn't work for my own hair type, could possibly work for yours!


Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray - $25 - 4 oz
So the first biggest deterrent for this product is definitely the price, which is a pretty hefty sum. I've been using this product for nearly a year and aside from the price, my only other slight annoyance I have with it is that it can leave a "dry" feeling on your hands if you happen to touch your hair while the product is in it. Other than that, I can't find any other reasons not to like it. It has a really clean and fresh smell to it, without being too overpowering and it definitely gives a tousled, matte look to the hair without looking like hairspray or creating any frizz. A little bit can go a long way, which is another major plus.

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray - $6 - 8 oz
It's almost too good to be true: double the amount of product while being more than half of the price of the B&B spray! But after giving it a run, it doesn't quite compare in terms of quality and finish. It smells a lot like coconuts, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, although it can be a bit overwhelming if you apply too much or are sensitive to smells. The hold of the spray isn't all too impressive and I had to keep spraying it in my hair to get it to look more tousled, which was a bit of a pain as one of the main points of sea salt sprays is to be effortless. The biggest disappointment was when it created more frizz and dried out my ends-total dealbreaker. 


End verdict: If you're willing to pay a little more cash, I would recommend investing in the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray as it will definitely give you the perfect beachy hair minus the frizz, dryness, and time. Sure, you get less product but it's well worth it for the health of your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment