Monday, June 24, 2013

In my bathroom: Lush Edition | Tara





It seems as if one of my goals in life is to have my bathroom, heck, my house smell like the inside of a Lush store. I found an overwhelming amount of products slowly being replaced by Lush's sleek black recyclable packaging. I love the concept of Lush Cosmetics, and as long as my wallet can provide, these are some of my favorites that I will continue to repurchase, and that I recommend to everyone.

I go through Bubblegum Lip Scrub the quickest. It's just something about the sugary scrub that not only leaves my lips kissable soft, but this stuff is edible- and boy does it taste delicious. This is my first ever Lush product, and one that I will continue to love !

"Perfect for those with limp locks" -Yup, that's me. This is by far my favorite shampoo Lush produces. The formula of BIG shampoo none like anything I've ever seen, it almost looks more like a scrub (because of the sea salt) but this is my hair lifesaver. Gives volume and natural texture to your hair like you never knew you had. The name says it all- BIG.

Lush's Ocean Salt face and body scrub is one of their best sellers! It really brightens your skin after a shave, but isn't drying. I have not used the scrub on my face (because I feel it would be too harsh on my sensitive skin), but I've read reviews that it is an amazing face exfoliater. Next time I will try mixing a little into my normal cleanser for a more gentle scrub (:

Following the scrub of your life, Ro's Argan body conditioner is heaven-sent for dry skin. Use exactly like hair conditioner but instead, lather on your skin after body wash and simply rise off in the shower. It does leave a kind of "oily" residue behind on your skin -because of the infused Argan Oil- but use on days when you know you'll be flaunting your legs and arms in summer dresses or tank tops! Oh and for the smell, you guessed right- smells like roses (:

I've always thought the full name of this product was "Honey, Trap my lips with moisture" because this lip balm provides the perfect, creamy texture for applying at night and still feeling like your lips are nourished the following morning. It's also and amazing honey-scented base for any lipstick! 

Lush + Lipsticks = Love! When I found out that they were starting to bring more cosmetics into the stores, I was thrilled! I had to try one of their liquid lipsticks ( a rose color of course ) the formula is smooth and packed with color, but make sure you exfoliate and moisturize before applying since it leans toward a matte finish.

I know what you're thinking.... Dusting powder?! Vanilla Puff is one of those products you don't necessarily need, but it's quite nice to have around. Basically like a glorified baby powder, apply after lotion to diminish that greasy feeling that they sometimes leave behind on the skin. Makes your arms/legs incredibly soft and the scent of a sweet vanilla lingers on you throughout the day.
P.s. It's perfect for inside your running shoes too (;

This is another product I can't live without in my shower. I am a huge fan on minty products, and this does not disappoint! Dirty Shower Gel is a perfect pick me up for early mornings and while also leaving your skin squeaky clean. Unlike my second favorite Snow Fairy Body Wash, this is not limited edition, and is perfect year round !

2 comments:

  1. love LUSH saps. you guys should try out Porridge. its my favorite and a perfect blend of oatmeal. smells like oatmeal cookies and gives a nice scrub :)
    jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Porridge last winter and it was a total lifesaver for my skin! I need to stock up for the cooler weather approaching (:

      xx

      Delete