Wednesday, July 17, 2013

In my bathroom: The Body Shop Edition | Lani


I'm actually a habitual buyer of Lush but I've lately found myself guiltily hoarding a lot of Body Shop products. Lush, it's not that I don't love you, I'm just testing the waters to see what else is out there! Promise.


Cocoa Butter Body Scrub - 6.9 oz - $20
My sister actually bought this scrub over half a year ago and we still have a good amount left in the bucket! The smell is amazing, it's very much like chocolate without trying too hard like some brands do. The scrub itself works very well, the beads are tiny and not too course so it doesn't feel like sandpaper on your body. It's also very moisturizing and doesn't leave any residue on the skin.

Olive Body Butter - 6.9 oz - $20
I bought this body butter during this crazy 40% off sale they had a few months ago and I'm honestly not too crazy about the scent. It smelled really clean in store but when I took it home, it almost smelled a bit musky to me. I can envision a lot of guys liking this scent, actually! The consistency of the butter itself is really nice, it's almost like a whipped gel.

Coconut Body Butter - 6.9 oz - $20
This is another product that belongs to my sister/that I steal occasionally. The smell is really incredible-it's probably one of the best coconut fragrances I've smelled yet. (And that's coming from someone who doesn't like coconuts at all.) The consistency is actually drastically different from the Olive one, it's really thick and I usually have to dig it out of the bucket. It soaks into the skin after some time and feels great so it's worth the extra effort.

Olive Shower Gel - 8.4 oz - $8
Here's another product that I purchased in conjunction with the Olive Body Butter. Again, same ol' review about the scent although the shower gel itself is really nice. It's moisturizing, cleansing, lathers well, and doesn't leave any weird residue. I'll get through this bottle eventually-maybe it'll grow on me during the colder months?

Vineyard Peach Shower Gel - 8.4 oz - $8
The Body Shop's vineyard peach scent is killer. It smells so delicious and, as you can see, my sister and I went through this bottle really quick. I would highly, highly recommend smelling this scent the next time you find yourself in their store!

Rainforest Volume Shampoo - 13.5 - $14
I'm not sure why exactly I bought the volume shampoo as my hair is incredibly thick and I wake up with a lion's mane whether I want to or not, but I decided to give it a whirl anyway. One of the main pulls for me was that it was free of so many chemicals (silicones, sulfates, parabens, etc) as I've been really conscious of products that do contain them. The smell of the shampoo is amazing, it smells like lush jungle fruit and lathers in the hair really well! I can't vouch for the volume part but I can guarantee that it makes your hair feel incredibly clean.

Rainforest Moisture Shampoo - 13.5 - $14
The consistency of this shampoo, in contrast to the volume shampoo, is definitely a lot thicker so it takes a bit of extra effort to get it all over my scalp (ew, that sounds gross). It definitely cleans the hair while keeping it moisturized, as I've noticed that it leaves my hair really soft. The scent is also somewhat similar to the volume shampoo, which is an added plus!

Hemp Body Mitt - $10
I love loofahs and the like and this mitt did not disappoint! It's a bit rough so you don't have to scrub too hard to get the dirt off. 


All in all, The Body Shop has really impressed me thus far and I'm definitely going to venture into other scents once I go through these! I can't say that I'm a complete Lush to Body Shop convert but maybe time will tell. What's your favorite Body Shop product/fragrance? Have you tried any of the products mentioned?

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with the Body Shop! Thanks for the review, I still haven't tried their hair care products :) ~Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete