Monday, July 22, 2013

Lani Goes to Kauai / 2013




Kauai was a much anticipated vacation because I've never been to the island and really had no clue what to expect. Upon arrival, I knew that I would really enjoy my stay the minute I spotted adorable pastel-colored homes, chickens, and fruit stands!


Kauai's scenery is absolutely gorgeous and was lush with jungles, rivers, and palm trees. Most of the time was spent chilling at different beaches-my favorite being Tunnels (which had dry caves, camping grounds, and a giant mountainside looming overhead). I was glad that I packed fairly light because the weather was suffocatingly humid and a light jacket wasn't even necessary at night-which was actually really pleasant. Being able to see the Big Dipper at night, ride horseback through the valley, hike through the jungle, definitely made for a memorable stay.

5 comments:

  1. I've been through a few pages of this blog, and all the photos are gorgeous! What camera do you guys use?

    Hawaii looks like such a gorgeous place to visit, I'm glad Lani/you had fun!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For this particular post, I used an Olympus EP-2 but for our other posts I've been using a Nikon D3000! The Nikon is much better for closeups and definitely offers more options when it comes to shooting while the Olympus is a nice and compact point and shoot.

      Hope you're having a wonderful day :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely save up for the Nikon (Olympus is incredibly pricey!) because it's not that pricey compared to other cameras, and portability/compact-size is important to me.

      Hope you guys are too! c:

      Delete