Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back to School - Part 2: In my Makeup Bag

There's nothing more annoying and cumbersome than juggling an arm full of text books and an oversized bag stuffed to the brim with school supplies. We decided that when at school, it's not totally necessary to bring our entire makeup collection to school and narrowed it down to the absolute basics and necessities.

Tara
Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets, Maybelline baby lips (melon mania), Soap & Glory hand food, Mac studio finish concealer, nail clippers, Jo Malone in Wild Bluebell, NYX slide on eyeliner, Maybelline dream matte powder, F21 mirror, hairtie, Eucerin Aquaphor

Can we first talk about this adorable daisy pouch by Leah Goren?! Lani introduced me this talented illustrator and since she was coming down to L.A. for the Renegade Fair, we needed to be there. I picked up her daisy pouch and I am in love! What I find most important in a beauty bag is if the products are able to handle beauty emergencies. If blemish decides it wants to make an appearance halfway through the day, your eyeliner slides off, nail breaks- I got you covered.  Bringing your lip product of choice, a fragrance, and blotting powder along with a few daily essentials in case your makeup goes haywire, can really bring peace to a stressful school day.

Lani
 Stila translucent powder, Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets, Burt's Bees Refreshing lip balm, L'Occitane hand cream in desert rose, Vaseline lip balm, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip balm in honey, Dentek easy brush, Jo Malone in Orange Blossom

When Alexa Chung's Madewell collection dropped, I immediately searched for the cheapest thing and, luckily, it was this adorable pouch with eyeball rings on it! It's the perfect size for makeup necessities/clutch and doesn't get dirty thanks to the waxy cloth. For beauty products that I bring to school, I like having items that can serve as quick touch-up products that aren't too time intensive and don't require too much precision. Because of this, I always tote along a fool proof tinted balm, this one being Honey by Revlon. The other items in my pouch are necessities: oil absorbing sheets, a translucent powder, chapstick, hand cream, hair band, you get it. It's also always a must that I bring along some kind of fragrance because you never know what'll happen, man. 

We want to know what's in your school beauty bag! Are we missing any essentials? Do you own any of the products mentioned above? 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great products! I love love LOVE your make up bags! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oil absorbing sheets are a must for me. I also keep undereye concealer, dark brown eyeliner and Maybelline's Great Big Lash Mascara in my makeup bag. I can go without foundation, but if my eyes aren't lined, I feel naked!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I always bring whatever liner I'm wearing that day just in case if it smudges! xx

      Delete
  3. I really need to invest in oil absorbing sheets & i love the fact you have a simple lip balm in your bag xo

    trendymetrendyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth it! And the ones by Clean & Clear are fairly inexpensive-I think they're around $5! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I really need to invest in oil absorbing sheets & i love the fact you have a simple lip balm in your bag xo

    trendymetrendyou

    ReplyDelete