Sunday, August 4, 2013

Favorite Highlighters / Summer 2013

Tara's Favorites
Soft and Gentle by Mac - The love that the beauty community gives this product is overwhelming, so I was extremely excited to get my hands on this baby. It's not a subtle highlight, so if you're looking for a glow, this is it. I love this swiped above my cheekbones and down my nose when my skin is feeling dull.  
Ambient Light Powder in Dim Light by Hourglass - According to Sephora : The powders deliver a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer, younger, and lit-from-within. I love taking a fluffy fan brush and swiping it on my cheeks, forehead and chin for more of an all-over glow. Some people use this to set their makeup, or just as a lovely finishing touch to your makeup look.

Lani's Favorites
Flatter Me by Mac (limited edition) - When Mac dropped their Archie's Girl collection, I was so thrilled because, after a long while, they actually had an interesting collection! I ended up grabbing this pearly sheer blush/highlighter and I love it because it gives a radiant glow.
Watts Up! by Benefit - I'll admit that I'm a total weenie when it comes to highlighters so I use this rather sparingly and I blend it out with the sponge on the opposite end. It's definitely more of a noticeable highlighter so I use it for special occasions or when I'm feeling a bit more spontaneous.

Do you prefer a more subtle or bold highlight? What's your favorite highlighting product that you've been using?

4 comments:

  1. Great post! These are some of my favorite highlighters too!! Have you tried mary lou manizer from the Balm? xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many things about that one but I haven't tried it yet! I'll definitely get around to it soon though, the swatches online look gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  2. flatter me looks so cute with the hearts! I have the mini size of watts up and find myself using it all the time-- I think a big part of it is because it's so small, I wonder if I would like it as much in the full size... I also have a bobbi brown shimmer brick highlight I use quite often as well!

    sundays grace beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, don't deprive yourself from hilighter! The full size is great, and if you like the precision of the mini, use your fingers and then apply! Works perfectly everytime (:
      - Soo lusting over the BB shimmer bricks. Love!xx

      Delete