Sunday, September 15, 2013

Our Current Favorite Drugstore Lipsticks

Tara
Hail to the bright berries! The colder months can easily get your mood down, so throwing on a bright pop of color to your lips can lift your spirits- well, at least mine. I was always terrified of the more purple-tones berries like fuchsias, but when Revlon released their "shine" collection which is a sheerer, lighter version of their famous cremes, Fuchsia Shock was one that I picked up (along with 4 others) but it quickly became my favorite. It's a more balm-y lipstick that's super comfortable and hassle free! Another Revlon Creme finish lipstick I've been loving is "Sassy Mauve" a deeper MLBB (my lips but better) color that's slowly transitioning me into the fall. Last but not least my holy grail chubby lip balm from Sally Hansen in Happy Berry. I love everything about this lip product- the smell, the color, the wear... I can go on and on.

Lani
I was so stoked when drugstore brands started launching their own versions of Clinique's Chubby Sticks! For a tinted balm that would wear down pretty quick, I wasn't down to pay a hefty $16. Covergirl absolutely won the contest for me, the amount of different shades offered was overwhelming! I ended up with my two favorites being a rose and plum shade-one of them is always somewhere in my purse. For a price of about $7, I felt that it was well worth it. Another drugstore favorite is Maybelline's Color Whisper, it is so light on the lips but has such amazing color payoff. I was pleasantly surprised and ended up purchasing Made it Mauve and Berry Ready, my favorite of the two being the mauve shade. 

What's your favorite drugstore lip product? Have you tried any of the above & what is your opinion on them? xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Maybelline Made it Mauve Color whisper too! The Covergirl plum jumbo lip pencil looks great too!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one has better wear? That's usually the main issue for me.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete