Monday, August 26, 2013

Quick & Effortless Beauty Products

It's that time of year again: SCHOOL. Beauty routines for school essentially translate to: how quick can I get ready and still look somewhat decent? We rummaged through our bags to find products that have helped us on those dreaded mornings so that you won't have to be 10 minutes late to class!

Multi-purpose products are absolute lifesavers when it comes to times like these! Some of our favorites include Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge, which comes in a glorious array of natural to more daring shades. Our personal favorite is Rose, which gives the most perfect rosy flush when dabbed on. It's also no surprise that cult beauty product Benetint is in the mix! Because it's a liquid, it takes a shorter time to apply and can be built up easily as well. We recommend using a lip balm before applying, as it can be quite drying! Our last favorite multi-purpose is Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush. And we can already read your minds, "It's a blush-how does that work?!" Tara then demonstrated how easily it applies as a lip stain though-it's the same as applying a cream blush! 

On stressful school mornings where I'm pinched for time I often avoid anything matte, as it's quite a time-drainer especially if you want it to look perfect. Because of this, we have a superfluous amount of lip products that apply easily and are completely fool-proof! Some of our favorites is Maybelline's Color Whisper (the mauve and berry shades are gorgeous!), Super Stay Stain Gloss (I like applying this with my fingers if I want less of a full-on look), Revlon's Lip Butter, and Bare Escentuals Buxom Balm.

As much as I wish I could rock an eye where I'm defining my crease, outer corner, inner corner, browbone, etc., the amount of effort literally makes me want to go back into bed in the morning. Becca's Eye Tint is an amazing product that takes only a few seconds and dabs to achieve an effortless but worn-in (think Olsen twins) look. The same goes to the iconic Color Tattoos by Maybelline! They both also serve as great bases, although you'll have to keep in mind that the eye tint by Becca requires a few seconds to let dry before you can apply anything else on. And if worse comes to worst, the best thing to do in a hurry is to just put on loads of mascara. Loads. Tara's favorite is Buxom's Buxom Lash mascara, which gives voluminous, full lashes with just a few coats! 

We would love to hear your favorite quick & effortless beauty products! 

14 comments:

  1. no joke, when maybelline came out w/ the whispers i hauled 6 in a week...
    they really are the best.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them! So light and easy to apply, some of the colors we find aren't as pigmented as we would like, but the berries and mauve shade are our favs !

      xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try benetint & that buxom balm looks amazing!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benetint is a lifesaver when you're already 20 minutes late! haha!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Color Tattoos and Lip Butters. Spot on!

    I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award here: http://bit.ly/142UG3T

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  4. benetint !!
    Really love all their tints!

    http://shinesque.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post idea and picks! Some of these are some of my favs! Lip butters FOR SURE are great for effortless. I'd have to say a good BB cream too!
    New follower, hope you'll stop by my blog sometime :) Can't wait to see some more posts, beautiful blog!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed back xx
      Absolutely love your posts & photos!

      Delete
  6. I had no idea you could use the dream touch blush as a lippie! Loved this post x

    erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta try it! My favorite is the Plum Wine color, it gives a berry stain- so lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Great post! I am in love with Benetint, it's my most favorite, particularly the rose water. I love it for either cheeks or lips, very romantic look :)


    iwantyourkittens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been falling head over heels for the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges! I have Calypso Coral and it's absolutely amazing! I really want to try the Maybelline Color Whispers xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting great post on beauty products. We can also try out numerous other beauty products that have different purposes.

    ReplyDelete