Sunday, August 18, 2013

Skincare Routine: Lani

My skin type fluctuates so frequently mainly because my skin is really sensitive to, like, pretty much everything. I personally feel as if it leans more towards the oilier side, which gets accompanied by dry patches when the weather starts to get colder.  Because of this, I often have a difficult time finding a skincare routine that appeases both sides of the spectrum. After so many hits and misses, I finally have a decent skincare routine!

Morning
I skip washing my face in the morning and usually go straight to splashing it with cold water to rinse off any oil that accumulated on my face overnight (ew, gross). I then spritz my face with Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist, which is one of my latest skincare discoveries that I absolutely love-it replaced my long-beloved Caudalie's Beauty Elixir! It leaves my skin feeling so supple and moisturized that I can either choose to use it as a base for whatever foundation I'm wearing or, if I'm having a good day, just moisturizer. Lately I've been testing out a generous sample of Fresh's Youth Preserve Cream, which is perfect for daytime because it isn't too heavy.

Night
I'm also a habitual believer in "you get what you pay for" so I was shocked when I tried Trader Joe's Spa Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and had amazing results-it's such an amazing and inexpensive product! It has very specific instructions on how to use it, as it has an oil consistency (it also has nearly all oils in the ingredients list, huge plus!) but I find that it can be a bit drying. I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, so dryness isn't a problem for me since this is like my holy grail moisturizer-I haven't had flaky spots or patches since using this stuff! I'm also a big fan of Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and I usually switch this on and off with the Trader Joe's face wash. It gives a really refreshing, deep clean and isn't drying at all! After cleansing my face, I use Lush's Tea Tree Toner, which is another holy grail product of mine. I love the fact that it boasts all-natural ingredients and leaves my face feeling thoroughly cleaned.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone raves about Lush's Tea Tree Toner but if I recall correctly, it didn't do too much for me! :(

    But heh, love how most of these are more on the 'natural-ingedients' side of the skincare spectrum.

    Erm, anyways, I've nominated you guys for the Liebster Award over here

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a hit and miss product-my sister used it too and she wasn't all too crazy about it either! I'm such a staunch believer that natural skincare works wonders, hopefully it isn't a bunch of bologna haha :p

      & thank you so much! xx

      Delete